It's really important to backup your VMs. You have multiple options, but only Xen Orchestra is both advanced, agentless, fully Open Source and officially supported (tested for all XCP-ng releases).
A lot of different backup options are supported via Xen Orcherstra:
- Automated Snapshots
- Forever incremental backups (delta)
- DR (backup to another XCP-ng storage repository)
- CR (delta backup to another XCP-ng storage repository)
- Metadata backup
- File level restore
- XO Proxy (backup remote sites without any VPN requirement)
- S3 compatible backup storage
Alternatively, you can install and build it yourself from the GitHub repository.
You can also find a video describing various backup options here:
There's other solutions officially compatible with XCP-ng to make VM backups. Please check our ecosystem page on the backup section!