Managing pools and hosts
You have multiple ways to manage your hosts and your pool: all of those are called clients.
🔭 Local management
If you have one host or small pool (a cluster), you can use those following tools:
xeCLI (talking to a host XAPI directly)
- XO Lite (embedded lightweight web client)
- Xen API (XAPI)
- XCP-ng Center (Windows client, deprecated and not supported ⚠️)
🛰️ Manage at scale
As soon you start to management multiple hosts and/or pools, you might need a single/central orchestrator. That's the point of Xen Orchestra, which can be used via a web UI, a CLI or its API:
- Xen Orchestra web UI (web interface)
- Xen Orchestra CLI (command line tool)
- Xen Orchestra API (REST and JSON-RPC APIs)
Xen Orchestra is not just an XCP-ng orchestrator at scale: it's also a backup tool. See the backup section for more details.